Saturday, February 21, 2009

Leading a Christian Life

So what does this mean? And how do your really do it? What are the rules, or as Johnny Dep says in "Pirates of the Caribbean", "the guidelines."

I feel like it all starts with the Golden rule, "do unto others." I feel like God looks down on us and blesses us for the things we do to and for others.

Why do I feel so strongly about this notion? Because over the past month or so I have been incredibly blessed with a successful new business, and a feeling of comfort that I haven't enjoyed in many years. The only thing that has gone wrong in the past couple of weeks is that I couldn't match the top, to a bottom, of my tupperware. Pretty minor huh? Any other minor hurdle I've been able to overcome fairly easily and quickly.

I also have the feeling that I would like to share a Christian relationship with a women. I haven't had that feeling in many months. In the past I've had a tendency to date when I didn't have everything in my life dialed in, as a result have had more than one relationship turn into a train wreck. Since I feel like I've got my life dialed in the way I want it, found my center, and have the balance and desire to really commit to a relationship maybe God will bless my life with a Godly women.

Here's what I did to I think earn myself bonus points with God.

My new business maintains foreclosed homes. When I started to have more work than I could handle by myself, I reached out to a local faith based mission for a man or two to help me.

God lead me to and introduced Kenneth and Jerome into my life. These two men are from completely different sides of town than me. They are also ethnically and culturally very different than me. Both of these men are are strong believers, and have dedicated their lives to Christ in order to get back on track. Their commitment to living a Christian life is leading them in the right direction. Without the grace of God, these two men and I would have never met.

Over the past couple of weeks Kenneth and I have spent quite a bit of time together working on various projects. Good things have continued to happen for both of us.

In a sermon a while back a Pastor said "If you want to be happy, get a hobby. If you want to be complete, get a relationship." He said this in the context of a man and a women, but I feel like the same thing applies to any relationship where two people support and hold each other accountable.

So if your looking for step one to leading a more Christian life, find someone that is in need, help them out, and stick with it.

What do you think the most critical elements of leading a Christian life are? I've love to learn more about this from everyone.

Peace,

MPK

1 comment:

  1. Romans 7, St. Paul tried to live the Christian life on his own power and failed miserably. (O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?) Roman 8, he discovered he could only live the Christian life if God lived it through him. (There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.)
    smithsk

    ReplyDelete