Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God has blessed me!

Almost exactly a month ago I started a new company that specializes in cleaning up and maintaining foreclosed houses. Mainly what we've been doing is rekeying doors, cleaning up the yard, removing debris, and other small tasks that are are required to get a foreclosed home into shape to sell. Needless to say given the amount of foreclosed homes coming on the market, I've been busy!

With a small amount of money that my Father loaned me, I bought a lawn mower, blower, weedeater and some other equipment. That was enough to get me started. For a guy that has always driven a desk, driving my truck around town and pushing a lawnmower is a humbling, yet liberating experience.

One of my closests and dearest friends, K.C., is a Real Estate Agent that specializes in listing foreclosed homes so I had a source for some work. Up to this point, she's kept me busy and been an incredible resource for building my business. I don't think I will ever be able to tell her how much I appreciate her support, encouragement, but most of all Christ like friendship.

As I got busier, I knew I was going to need some help but was not sure what I was going to do, or where I was going to go. When I needed some help the most, God lead me to the Salvation Army where I met Ken and Jerome.

These two men are incredible spirits who, like me, are relying on God to help us get our lives back on track. They have great attitudes, work hard, are smart, but most of all believe that having a strong relationship with God will lead them in the right direction.

About the same time I met Ken and Jerome, God gave me another customer! And more work! This doesn't only benefit myself, but also Ken and Jerome.

My Mother told me "The Lord works in mysterious ways!" Given what has happened in the past month, I would say that this is definitly true. How else can you explain why I have been blessed with such incredible parents, friends, Ken and Jerome, and a new customer? Sure a little luck might be involved, but I'm pretty sure none of this could have come together as well as it has with out a little devine intervention.

When I think back to where I was a couple of months ago, I have to pinch myself as a reminder that all of this is real. I am so greatful for God's help in all of this.

Lord thank you for everything! Thank you for my parents, for KC, for my family, for my friends, for Ken and Jerome, and for the ability you gave me. Thank you for allowing me to be your humble servant!

Peace to everyone and may God bless and surround you with good people!

Peace,

MPK

No comments:

Post a Comment