Saturday, December 20, 2008

Advent Prayers for Saturday, December 20 2008

Daily Advent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."
Opening Prayer: Lord, let your glory dawn to take away our darkness. May we be revealed as the children of light at the coming of your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings:
Daily Meditation: Lord, make us turn to you; let us see your face and we shall be saved.
God seems to like to prepare the way for our salvation. We can experience prophets, even Elijahs on fire with God's word. What are the messages, the stirrings, the signs of fire that are preparing the way for the Lord to enter my life these days? Can we make friends with these preparations for the Lord? Blessed is he who shall have seen you and who falls asleep in your friendship.

Today's Daily Reflection
Intercessions:To Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, who will come again in glory with great power, let us make our humble prayer: Come, Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus, you will come with great power, - look on our lowliness and make us worthy of your gifts.You came to be the good news for mankind,- may we always proclaim your saving work.You are worthy of praises, for you have life and rule all things,- help us to wait in joyful hope for the coming of your glory.We long for the grace of your coming,- console us with the gift of your own divine life.

Closing Prayer:
Jesus,in the darkness of these Advent nights let me be guided by the light of your word. Give me the humility to be led by you and the wisdom to learn from you.
I feel your light in my lifeand in the world.I am grateful for the Savior who awaits us, and eagerly await the time of rejoicing. Let me look forward in hope and turn to you with great trust, knowing you will guide my steps along the unknown path of this day.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment