Monday, December 29, 2008

Fifth Day in the Christmas Octave - December 29

Daily Prayer:
Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.

Opening Prayer:
All powerful and unseen God, the coming of your light into our world h as made the darkness vanish. Teach us to proclaim the birth of your Son Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,One God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings:
Daily Meditation:

Whoever says he is in the light, yet hates his brother, is still in the darkness. 1 John 2

Today we can contemplate Mary and Joseph hearing Simeon's prophesy, including the part where Simeon addresses Mary. He tells her that her Son is a sign that will be contradicted and that a sword would pass through her own heart.

Let's pray today in gratitude to Mary for her parting our salvation story.

Lord, now let your servant go in peace; your word has been fulfilled: my own eyes have seen the salvation which you prepared in the sight of every people,a light to reveal you to the nations and the glory of your people Israel." Simeon, Luke 2

Today's Daily Reflection:
Intercessions:
Because God has been merciful to us and sent his Son to us,the Prince of peace, let us cry out with confidence: Peace to his people on earth. Almighty God, Father of the Lord, Jesus Christ, the Church now celebrates your saving love, graciously receive our praise. From the very beginning you promised us your victory through Christ our Savior, let all be enlightened by the good news.

In praise of your Son whose coming was joyously forseen by Abraham, hoped for by the patriarchs, announced by the prophets and yearned for by the Gentiles, save the whole people of Israel. You wished the birth of your Son to be proclaimed by angelsand to be praised by the apostles, martyrs and faithful of all ages, grant the world that peace which the angels proclaimed.

Closing Prayer:
Lord of light,the darkness has vanished in the worldand I want to joyfully proclaim your presence in my life.I want my life to be like Mary's, a "Yes" to your call to my heart.
Let me always be aware of the darkness in my own heartand I ask for a greater desire to live your love in my life.

I humbly beg for the grace to be aware that your love is the light that guides my lifeand gives me the strength to withstand the swords that will pierce my heart.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment