Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Seventh Day in the Christmas Octave - December 31

Daily Prayer:
Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.

Opening Prayer:
Ever-living God,in the birth of your Son our religion has its origin and its perfect fulfillment. Help us to share in the life of Christ for he is the salvation of mankind, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings:
Daily Meditation:
And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming. 1 John 2

John answered them, "I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to untie."John 1

Jesus baptizes us in the Holy Spirit. His baptism prepares us for his coming among us now and it gives witness to his presence with us now.

May we remain in the one who has come to be with us. May we place our trust in the one who promises us life.

Today's Daily Reflection
Intercessions:
Let us direct our prayers to Christ, the heavenly man and the new Adam, who became a life-giving spirit: Lord, have mercy.

Christ, Sun of Justice, you revealed your glory in our human nature in order to bring to perfection the old covenant, we ask you to pour out your light upon us.

Christ, you were glorified by the angels, announced by the shepherds, confessed and proclaimed by Simeon and Anna, let your Gospel be accepted by the people of the promise.

Christ, when you were born, angels sang glory to God in the highest and peace on earth, we ask you to spread your peace throughout the world.

Christ, as the new Adam you gave new life to the old man and prepared for us a dwelling place in your kingdom, may those overwhelmed by evil be encouraged by hope in you.

Closing Prayer: I beg you, Lord, give me the sight I need so that I can see you in those around me and welcome you into my heart with the joy of celebration.

If only my eyes could be opened! Give me the wisdom and internal vision to see and I will recognize you as my savior not only in my heart today but in my life every day.

I ask that you help me to open my heart more fully to your own dizzying love for me. Help me to be grateful for your incredible gifts to me.
.
May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment