Thursday, December 18, 2008

Advent Prayers for Wednesday, December 18, 2008

Daily Advent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."
Opening Prayer: Almighty Father, give us the joy of your love to prepare the way for Christ our Lord. Help us to serve you and one another.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings
Daily Meditation:The afflicted and the needy seek water in vainThe Lord is gracious and merciful; slow to anger, and of great kindness.So often we are "afflicted and needy" and we seem to "seek water in vain."Today we listen to a refreshing promiseof how much our Lord desires to refresh us.Each of us can fill in what we need the mostand ask, with trust, for our Lord to come and save us.
I am the LORD, your God, who grasp your right hand; It is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you." Isaiah 41
Whoever has ears ought to hear. Matthew 11

Today's Daily Reflection
Intercessions:Let us pray to God our Father who sent his Son to save mankind: Show us your mercy, Lord. Father most merciful, we confess our faith in your Christ with our words,- keep us from denying him in our actions.You have sent your Son to rescue us,- remove every sorrow from the face of the earth and from our country.Our land looks forward with delight to the approach of your Son,- let it experience the fullness of your joy.Through your mercy makes us live holy and chaste lives in this world, - eagerly awaiting the blessed hope and coming of Christ in glory.

Closing Prayer
Lord, like a loving parent,you offer me your comforting handand tell me not to be afraid.
Help me to wait for your coming with patienceand to listen to what you ask of me. I want so much to be one of "your people" and to live my life in you.
Thank you for the way you bless my life. Thank you for listening to my prayers and for planting deep in my heart the knowlege that with you, nothing is impossible.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment