Friday, January 9, 2009

Daily Prayer for Friday January 9, 2009

"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer:
All-powerful Father, you have made known the birth of the Savior by the light of a star. May he continue to guide us with his light, for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings:
Daily Meditation:
God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5

"I do will it. Be made clean." Luke 5

Lord, if you want to, you can make me clean. That's our prayer, our desire. We have life in Jesus, a life that has integrity and peace.

Let us ask for what we need this week. Whatever is keeping us from real joy, real integrity, can be made clean and put into balance by him. May he heal anything that hinders our ability to love freely.

Today's Daily Reflection:
Intercessions:
Give honor and glory to Jesus Christ who comes to create a new heart and a new spirit in all. We call on him as we say: By the power of your birth, make us new persons.

You took on our life and offered us in return the mystery of God’s life, help us to recognize you in the mysteries of your word and your eucharist which you entrusted to your Church. Founder of the human race, through the spotless Virgin you became one of us, through her intercession, may we touch your divinity and be healed.

Our Redeemer, you descended upon the earth as the rain which fell upon the sheepskin of Gideon, now drench our lives in the living water that springs up to provide eternal life.
As we celebrate the beginning of your life on this earth, let us imitate that perfect manhood which you revealed in your life among us.

Closing Prayer:
Oh God of Wonder, even though I often feel like I am stumbling in the dark, I know you are there to guide me with the perfect light of your love. I know you can heal me and I believe that you want to do just that. I beg you now to look at me with your loving eyes and 'make me clean. Let my life reflect the balance of my faith in you and a love of those in my life. Help me to love more freely. Help me to love as you do.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment