Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Prayers for Gods Grace for Tuesday, January 13, 2009

O Lord my God, who created me in Your own image and likeness, grant me this great grace, so necessary for my salvation, so that I may overcome my fallen nature which drags me down to sin and the loss of my soul. I see in my fallen nature the law of sin opposing the law of my mind (Ro 7:23), leading me captive to sensuality.

Without the assistance of your holy grace, infused copiously into my heart (Eph 1:7), I cannot resist these passions.

I need a great abundance of your grace to overcome my fallen nature, which has an inclination toward evil even from my youth (Gn 8:21).

O Lord, how absolutely necessary Your grace is for me, both to begin a good work and to persevere until I accomplish it. Without grace I can do nothing (Jn 15:5), but I can do all things in You, when Your grace strengthens me (Ph 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment