Friday, January 2, 2009

Daily Prayer for January 2, 2009

"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer:
God our Father,when your Son was born of the Virgin Mary he became like us in all things but sin. May we who have been reborn in him be free from our sinful ways.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings:
Daily Meditation:
And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming. 1 John 2

John answered them, "I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom you do not recognize,the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to untie." John 1

Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Spirit. All that has prepared us for his coming gives witness to his presence with us now.

May we remain in the one who has come to be with us.

May we place our trust in the one who promises us life.

Today's Daily Reflection
Intercessions:
Let us joyfully invoke the Son of God, our Redeemer, who became man in order to restore man: Be with us, Emmanuel.

Jesus, Son of the living God, King of glory, and Son of the Virgin Mary, brighten this day with the glory of your incarnation.

Jesus, Wonder-Counselor, Mighty -God, Father of the future, Prince of peace, direct our lives according to the holiness of your human nature.

Jesus, all-powerful, patient, obedient, meek and humble of heart, show the power of your gentleness to all.

Jesus, Father of the poor, immeasurable goodness, our way and our life, grant your Church the spirit of poverty.

Closing Prayer:
I beg you, Lord, give me the sight I needso that I can see you in those around me and welcome you into my heartwith the joy of celebration.

If only my eyes could be opened! Give me the wisdom and internal vision to see and I will recognize you as my saviornot only in my heart today but in my life every day.

I ask that you help me to open my heart more fullyto your own dizzying love for me. Help me to be grateful for your incredible gifts to me.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment