Saturday, January 10, 2009

Daily Prayer for Saturday January 10, 2009

"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer:
God our Father, through your Son you made us a new creation. He shared our nature and became one of us; with his help, may we become more like him, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings:
Daily Meditation:
And we have this confidence in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours. 1 John 5

He must increase; I must decrease. John 3

Confidence in Jesus is so freeing. Until we have complete trust in Jesus, we will always be tempted to be the center of attention, and too absorbed with our needs and too discouraged if our needs aren't being met. When we have confidence in Jesus, we can ask for anything that he desires in us, and we will have it. If we ask that I might grow smaller in my desires, and the needs of others might grow in my attention, then he will increase his place in our hearts, and fill us with even greater love for others.

May we know how much he loves us. May he become the center of our lives.

Today's Daily Reflection:
Intercessions:
Let us give glory to Christ, the image of God, as we call upon him in faith: Christ, Son of God, hear us.

Son of God, you showed us the Father’s love, reveal him to men and women through the love we show toward one another.

You revealed yourself as Lord of life, now grant us the fullness of your life.

Let our bodies be signs of your life, as we bear your dying in our flesh.

Illuminate our hearts, with the brilliant knowledge of God’s light.

Closing Prayer:
You have said that we could ask for anything and you would grant it. Give me only the ability to trust you, Lord.

My mind and heart are so often at war with each other and I am used to a life in which my own needs come first. But I long to live my life as you lived yours, filled with the love of and compassion for others.

Give me the great grace to be more humble and to demand less in my life. Let me see the needs of others as more important than my own.

Too often I am at the center of my life; Help me to do the impossible: to put you in that central place.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment